Well, I'm officially in week 3 of Whole30 and doing remarkably well. I haven't "cheated" or fallen off the strict Paleo wagon with food. I should probably get 50 lashes with a wet noodle for weighing myself frequently (a big no-no on the plan) because it has done nothing but be discouraging each time I've set foot on it. Though the needle on the scale is hardly moving, I have had some non-scale triumphs. For one, my blood pressure, which is usually in the mid to high range of normal has significantly dropped. Another triumph took place in a Mexican food restaurant. The ladies in our small group went out to dinner, and I was able to go the entire dinner without eating the chips and salsa that were no further than an arm's reach from me... and I didn't feel deprived. Besides not indulging in my daughter's birthday cake the first week of the challenge, this was a big thing! It is really quite empowering to stand firm, having the self-control to make healthy choices.
In the week since the last party, I shared one of my favorite new Whole30 and family-friendly recipes seen below (It's not the brownies).
In case you missed them the first time...
Since we just came off of Valentine's Day, seeing these Black Forest Cupcakes by Swanky Recipes made my eyes bulge out with big red hearts like a cartoon character. So yummy!
I loved this Glam Monogram Letter by LouLou Girls! Such a fun way to dress up an initial!
Simplicity in Bloom brought this gorgeous layered Cornbread Salad to the party. If I weren't on Whole30 this month, I'd dive right into this!
I'm always happy to save a step with creating cute accessories for the home. Crafty in Crosby nailed it with their Happy Chalkboard Discovery.
What a genius way to serve fruit! Who doesn't love a good pizza? Treat Yourself Sweeter brought this gorgeous Watermelon Pizza with Passionfruit Yoghurt to the party.
The Hatched Home showed us how to easy do a Board & Batten wall. You'll have to see how it just made the space come alive. Beautiful!
All right, to put a bookend on the features, here's another sweet treat... Nutella Stuffed Doughnuts by The Crafting Foodie. There go those cartoon bulging heart eyes again! Yummy!
To see some of the past features, check out my Creative Ways Link Party Features Board on Pinterest. I'm hoping that will bring your posts even more exposure! I hope you'll follow along!
Link Party Guidelines
- Please link up to 3 of your family-friendly DIY Projects, Crafts or Recipes...your Creative Ways
- Please link to a specific post on your blog, not just your home page.
- Please do not link up Etsy shops or giveaways.
- Please follow Posed Perfection by clicking on one of my pretty, colorful buttons on the sidebar, and let me know so I can follow you back.
- I'd love for you to add the party button to your post, a visible link back on your post, or a link on a party page. We want your creative friends to join us too!
- Be sure to visit at least 2 links and leave some comment love.
- By linking up to this party, your are giving authorization for your projects/recipes to be featured with a photo and a link back to your blog.
Would you like to get notifications for the Creative Ways Link Party posts and the other recipes and projects I post throughout the week? Make sure you SIGN UP TO GET EMAILS delivered right to your mailbox so you don't miss a thing! You'll find the place to follow right under the pretty social media buttons on the sidebar. I can't wait to see all your Creative Ways!